At BOOSTvCIO we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by BOOSTvCIO or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, BOOSTvCIO’s “services”).
1. General principles that we observe in relation to personal data
BOOSTvCIO observes the following general principles in relation to personal data that we receive about customers and subscribers:
- We will never ask you for personal information.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, protect our rights, or if BOOSTvCIO is acquired by or merged with another company.
- You retain all rights to your subscriber data.
- We never store credit card data on our servers.
2. Categories of personal information that we may process about you
In the course of providing the Services and performing its obligations under the Agreement, BOOSTvCIO may process the following types of personal data about customers and subscribers, for the respective purposes set out below, and for the provision of communications as described in Section 3. Except as stated below, all such personal data is collected directly from the data subject:
- Contact data – When someone submits an inquiry through the BOOSTvCIO website, either by completing our contact form, their contact information will be recorded and stored in our secure database.
- Profile data – We may collect and store information about our contacts that is obtained through cookies, log files, and/or third parties (e.g. Google Analytics) to create a profile of our users. The purpose of such a profile is to better understand how users access and use the BOOSTvCIO service to provide offers and make improvements.
- Registration data – When someone signs up to BOOSTvCIO, they will be asked for their company name, address, billing address, e-mail address, and phone number. Our primary purpose in collecting this information is to provide our customers and subscribers with a customized, efficient, and easy to use service.
- When you sign up for BOOSTvCIO, we may use your information to guide the efforts of future improvements to the software including upgrades to current modules, new features (eg: Marketplace for MSPs) and new combinations of modules.
- We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other BOOSTvCIO services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
The provision of this personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, but the personal data is needed for the purposes of the effective management of relationships between BOOSTvCIO and its customer and subscribers.
3. Communications from the Site
- Special Offers and Updates – We may occasionally send you special offers or updates (i.e. newsletters) pertaining to the Service. Out of respect for privacy, you may opt out of these types of communications at any time.
- Service Announcements – We may occasionally send you notices of scheduled downtime or service upgrades. These communications will not be promotional in nature, and are strictly for informational purposes.
- Customer Service – We communicate with users of the Service on a regular basis to respond to requests, inquire about experiences with the Service, and provide support.
4. Recipients of the personal data
BOOSTvCIO uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary server infrastructure, software, networking, storage, and related technology necessary to run the Service. Although BOOST vCIO owns the code, databases, and all rights to the BOOSTvCIO application, you retain all rights to your Customer data.
5. Duration of processing
BOOSTvCIO will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The appropriate retention period for any given type of personal data depends on a range of factors, including the nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which it was collected, and the applicable legal requirements.
6. General Representation and Warranty
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from the Site to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to maintain sessions on the Site (e.g. login status) and are required to use the Service.
8. Changes to this policy
9. Questions or Comments
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this agreement, please contact BOOSTvCIO using the information below:
1120 – 551 Sherling Place
Port Coquitlam, BC, V3B 0J6